Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Loose ends

I've been painting backgrounds on card stock and making single journal pages.
I'm pounding some out quickly, just to keep practicing and trying new techniques.




I rather like this next one



But I don't want to just pile up the loose papers, I want them in a book. But I wasn't ready to start working in a book, I needed to start one page at a time.
So after a few weeks, I folded all my painted pages into bundles, and hand-stitched them together into a book block. I ripped the guts out of an old hardcover book and pasted the book block into the cover with some marbled end papers. I gessoed the cover, but the spine started to crack. I used some of Lauren's excellent duct tape to reinforce it. Waiting for inspiration to strike before I decorate the cover.

It's fat with partially painted papers, just calling for more paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment