Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

book-altering, literature-quoting, weekend-loving geek

How cool is this?  Just one of the fabulous things I've learned in the altered book class is how to make alternating doors in a book.  Seriously - Natasha and Amy have some really great FREE video tutorials over there on Flutterbye.  I've got lots of other book-related things to show, but tonight I'm showing my  doors because this is what I used for my QUOTE (another last-minute link up to the weekly butterfly effect theme).

What's behind door #1?
Art is the only thing

that can go on mattering

Once it has stopped

Hurting
"Art is the only thing that can go on mattering once it has stopped hurting" - Elizabeth Bowen


Look how nice and flappy that is.  I've been geeking out over this for days.
 (Plus look how ORANGE it actually is.  My scanner made it look much more red)

And speaking of quotes - I'll leave you with the best Friday quote ever, courtesy of my son Max, age 10, as he got home from school today.

“There’s a new movie coming out and it’s called Max’s Free Weekend and the best part is it takes two days to watch and the even better part is there are no homework scenes”

love that kid.

7 comments:

  1. Lol! Your kid is funny! :) Love this book in a book in a book. :) Gorgeous! And a great quote, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are geeking out, I can picture you now. This is spectacular, booky, door, geeky thing! xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi ;)
    I was going to email you but I'm on my phone, Not my computer and apparently my phone doesn't see fit to remember your email address so here I am :) I can't read your crazy ass chicken scratch zip code on the post card. How am I supposed to peek in your windows if I don't even have the proper zip code?
    :)
    Wait. What I meant was: Karen may I please have your full mailing address?
    :D
    Xxa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LUUUV this window in window in window-look! What a great idea :-) I have made one page last year, which has some flaps too: http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.com/2011/11/day-7-sweet-sardenia-ripped.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Max is very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This project is soooo coool!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha kids have the best quotes!!! But I love yours (I hadn't heard it before) & what you have done with it, colours & the way it's a process to read, step by step, so you think about it - great :)

    ReplyDelete